Recently, the profession of mechanics formotor transport has become very in demand. And it's not surprising: professionals who are versed in cars are needed everywhere. All about the profession of a mechanic in road transport will be discussed further.
Who is a vehicle mechanic?
In many cities there are so-calledcar parks. They are intended for parking of route transport, for trucks or for ordinary cars. Of course, such parking is necessary for someone to serve. A person who is able to serve a car qualitatively and carry out repair work is called a mechanic in motor transport (less often - a mechanic in a convoy).
To such an employee are presented quite highrequirements. For example, the job description of a road transport mechanic prescribes that the specialist in question must have a higher technical education, some work experience and, of course, a lot of knowledge. In addition, a professional worker must also have certain character traits. This includes, for example, responsiveness, stress resistance, good memory, the ability to work in a team and much more. He has a mechanic in motor transport and a number of duties. They are also regulated by the job description of the mechanic for road transport.
Duties of the mechanic on motor transport
What duties does the representative of the profession in question have? It is worth mentioning some of the main functions of a specialist.
For example, an employee should:
- organize planned and timely repairs of existing transport;
- periodically draw up plans related to the maintenance of vehicles;
- to control the schedule of repair work;
- prepare applications for certain specific technical elements;
- to develop measures for the economical use of technical equipment;
- to instruct newcomers
...and much more.In fact, the employee has many functions. The job description of the mechanic for motor transport prescribes a really large number of duties, and it will only be possible to consider them all with great difficulty. Above, however, the most basic functions of the employee were named.
Who is a vehicle mechanic in school?
The mechanic on motor transport is not present in every educational institution, especially in the CIS countries.
What can not you say, for example, about Europeanstates or the USA. There, the employee in question is really an important person following the park of school transport. And yet in Russia there is a job description of the mechanic for road transport in the school, and therefore, there are specialists also. It is worth mentioning the basic functions of such an employee. So, the employee is obliged to perform all the same duties as an ordinary specialist. However, in addition to this, he must:
- be able to provide first aid;
- to be able to conduct evacuation;
- know the safety techniques;
- participate in the modernization of vehicles, etc.
It is also worth noting that the specialist in question is appointed directly by the director (or dean) of the educational institution - this is also prescribed by the job description of the mechanic for motor transport.
Duties of the chief mechanic on motor transport
Chief mechanic, of course, has a greater range of responsibilities than an ordinary specialist - then he is the main one.
What are the functions of this person? The chief mechanic is obliged:
- control the whole process of high-quality and uninterrupted operation of transport;
- to supervise the process of carrying out repair work in a motorcade or fleet;
- competently organize planning, set goals, outline any work tasks, etc .;
- To monitor the financial part of the enterprise and request funding from the management;
- organize all necessary working tools;
- do timely checks;
- and generally manage the activities of specialists.
All of the above and other functions and responsibilities prescribe, of course, the job description of the chief mechanic of motor transport.
Rights of the mechanic in motor transport
Each employee under the Labor Code of the Russian Federation is endowed withcertain rights, and also has a certain responsibility. The specialist in question is no exception. The rights and responsibilities of the employee are prescribed by the job description of the mechanic for motor transport. LLC, JSC or CJSC - any type of organization must provide its specialist with working rights.
Among them, for example:
- The right of an employee to request documents and regulations required for work.
- The right to bring to the management for consideration any ideas, proposals or plans to improve the activities of the organization.
- The right to demand protection and social guarantees.
- The right to workwear and safety shoes.
- The right to improve their qualifications
- And much more.
Responsibility of the mechanics of motor vehicles
Как уже было сказано выше, несет рассматриваемый employee and some responsibility for their work functions. What does the job description of a mechanic on road transport (RK, RF, RB or Ukraine) say about this? The employee must be responsible:
- for complete non-fulfillment or improper performance of their official duties;
- for causing any material damage to the organization;
- for committing an offense in the workplace;
- for violation of labor discipline or safety engineering;
- for systematic absenteeism or late arrival;
- for providing incorrect information to superiors or other enterprises;
- for the disclosure of working secrets;
- for non-compliance with orders of the authorities, etc.
The actions of the employee according to labor protection before the shift
Employee Responsibilities, Rights, and Responsibilitiesprescribes job description mechanic for road transport. On fire safety and work discipline, there is another document. It is called "labor protection". It contains all the necessary safety rules for workers.
In particular, about the actions of a specialist before the start of a work shift there it says:
- It is necessary to check the availability of workwear andfootwear, to monitor the presence of faults in personal protective equipment (and only if these means are fully operational, can they be used for their intended purpose).
- You need to request a task from the head of the organization or from the chief mechanic.
- It is necessary to prepare all the necessary tools for work, namely tools, electrical appliances, tools, etc.
- It is necessary to check the integrity of the available tools; check the equipment grounding.
- It is also necessary to control the optimal level of illumination necessary for effective work.
Only after all the above factors are met, the employee will be able to start work.
About safety at work
The employee is obliged to comply with safety and during work. This is prescribed by the job description of the mechanic for road transport. A sample of such a document is presented below.
It also prescribes labor protection. The latter document, in particular, reads as follows:
- The employee is obliged to work with the existing transport carefully and even carefully; must know the technical characteristics of the machines and work in accordance with them.
- The employee must be clean.
- The employee must constantly monitor the presence of warning and prohibition signs.
- The employee is prohibited to carry out any experimental actions with the available equipment without the permission of the manual.
- The employee must monitor the various parts and elements and prevent their loss.
Of course, a labor protection document prescribesfor the employee a lot more requirements. All of them can be found in the relevant samples or request from the authorities (in the case of work in the fleet).
The actions of the employee according to labor protection after the work shift
No less important are the actions of the employee and at the end of the work shift. After all, you can easily keep up with some technical trifle, which can later turn into a huge problem.
The document on labor protection prescribes the following about this:
- The employee is obliged to clean the workplace.
- An employee must de-energize all available power tools.
- Tools must be hidden in a safe place to store.
- Management must report any problems found during the work process.
Only by observing all these requirements, it is possible to exclude the occurrence of abnormal situations in the fleet.