In recipes is often given as a measure of a glass. And, it would seem, if you know exactly its volume, you can determine how much it is - 3/4 cup.
Volume of a standard beaker
Different weight of products
In addition, very few people know that each ingredienthas a different weight in the same two-hundred-gram capacity. 3/4 cups for flour, for example, it is 110 grams, and for water - 185. Will help translate the value specified in the recipe, comparative characteristics.
Converting the weight of products into volume measures
- Kashi.Buckwheat - 210 g in a thin glass and 165 g in faceted; it turns out that 157.5 (124) g of cereals are placed in 3/4. In 1 cup of semolina, there will be 10 grams less, and wheat grains 10 grams more. Rice, pearl barley - 230 (180) g; 172.5 (135) g in 3/4 cup. Oatmeal - 90 (75) g; three quarters of this amount to 67.5 (57) yr.
- In some recipes, a ready-made cereal is found as an ingredient. 3/4 cup of finished porridge - 175 ml, and filled to the brim - 230 g.
- Oils. Sunflower oil, margarine and cream in melted form are approximately the same - 240 (190) g; in 3/4 cup 180 (142.5),
- Milk. Fresh - 255 (200) g; Dry - 120 (100) g. Accordingly, 191 (150) and 90 (75) g is 3/4 of fresh and dry milk in a glass.
- Flour. 160 (130) g in a glass, in 3/4 cups - 120 (97.5) g. Potato flour weighs more by 40 g.
- Jam, jam and tomato paste, due to their dense consistency, weigh in the volume of a glass 300 (250) g, in 3/4 of this dish - 225 (187.5) g.
- Sugar. In the form of sand - 220 (180) g; 3/4 of the circle is 165 (135). Sugar in the form of powder - 180 (140) g in a whole glass, in 3/4 - 135 (102).
- Cream and sour cream - 250 (200) g, 3/4 of our vessel - 187.5 (150) g.
- Peas, beans - 220 (205) g; three quarters of a glass is 165 (154).
- 1 thin glass of nuts includes 170 grams, and biscuits - only 125 g. 3/4 of these figures, respectively, will be 128 g and 94 g.
- Powders starch, cacao - 150 g (3/4 - 112 g). Egg - 100 g (3/4 - 75 g).
- Ground crusts - 125 g; 3/4 - 94 g.
Will get the mistress
To not remember all this information, but alwaysknow exactly how much it is 3/4 cup, it's easier to buy a measuring cup (shows volume in ml). Then with the preparation of various recipes, there will be no problems. They can measure the volume of berries, condensed milk and generally put anything into it.
There are also kitchen scales that show weight in grams. Very convenient and inexpensive electronic scales help out when special accuracy is required.