Today we will discuss rare coins of the USSR 1961-1991years. Collecting in all its forms, whether it's philately, collecting books, drawing up collections of paintings, interior items, porcelain, interesting and exciting. Collectors of various subjects make collections on subjects, authorship of subjects, epochs, etc., and their replenishment with new and valuable exhibits constitutes the essence of collecting. Numismatists, or collectors of coins, can say the same about themselves. But not always the collection of jewelry can serve as money from old times.
There are rare coins of the USSR in 1961-1991,which are not less interesting, are expensive and represent a certain value. And their significance is not that they are minted in some century, but in some flaws in the production or mistakes in the dates. If we consider ancient banknotes, then their value is obvious. The older the coin, the higher price it has. After all, in the old days the circulation of coins was extremely small. In addition, over time, such banknotes are becoming less and this makes them unique.
What affects the value of a coin
Rare coins of the USSR of 1961-1991, having a special value
- 10th place is taken by a coin with a face value of 10 kopecks1991 of release. Interest for collectors is the fact that individual specimens were reproduced on an alien basis, which has a smaller radius. For this ten-kopeck curiosity you can get 1 thousand rubles. Soviet coins of the 80s do not have much interest for numismatists. Their cost will not be more than 250 rubles. But some of the 70's coins are much more interesting in terms of their value.
- The 9th place belongs to 20 kopecks in 1970. Prices for USSR coins of this type can range from 3 to 5 thousand rubles, which depends on their safety. They are not very rare.
- The coin of 50 kopecks is on the 8th place in value. issue of 1970. It is also not a rarity, but for it collectors can gain 4-5 thousand rubles. with a good appearance.
- 7th place is occupied by 5- and 10-penny Sovietcoins of 1990. This year two types of these banknotes were minted, which practically do not differ from each other. A small part of the circulation had the sign of the Moscow mint. It is they who have value, and collectors for them can set a price from 5 to 9 thousand rubles.
- On the 6th place there are coins worth 10 kopecks.with a defect and years of production since 1961. Such coins were minted every year and had a large circulation. Therefore, great value does not represent. But some copies were defective, and that's valuable. For example, 10 kopecks. 1961 were pushed back on the basis of brass intended for a coin of 2 kopecks. The same can be found at 10 kopecks. 1988-89 Prices for coins of the USSR of this type reach, in translation for modern money, up to 10 thousand rubles.
- On the fifth place is the five-kopeck coin of 1970.Its basis is zinc-copper alloy. These 5 kopecks are a rarity and an expensive coin. For her offer 5-6 thousand rubles. And if it is in excellent condition, then 10 thousand.
- The fourth place was awarded to a coin of 15 kopecks. 1970. The design of the sign is the same as it was in those years, but the figures 15 and 1970 it is much larger than usual. The basis is nickel-copper alloy. The cost of its 6-8 thousand rubles., And with a decent safety can be 12 thousand.
- On an honorable third place experts put 10 rubles.1991 The nominal value of 10 rubles. This year has a modern attractive design and is made with the use of two metals. For this coin you can earn up to 15 thousand rubles. provided its good form.
- 2 nd place is 20 kopecks. 1991. The main circulation is of no value. But on some you can see the stamp of the printing yard. These signs are valuable and will cost up to 15 thousand rubles.
- The unconditional leader is a coin of ½ kopeck1961 The coin was printed after the monetary reform. But it turned out that it was expensive to mint them, and they refused it. Only a few tens of thousands of coins of this dignity were issued. Therefore ½ kopecks are very rare, and its price reaches about 500 thousand rubles.
To the event
Rare coins of the USSR in 1961-1991: evaluation
Those people who collect coins in their piggy banks,among others, rare specimens of value can be found and often have significant value. If coins with a defect or marriage were found in your store when you were minted, then if you want to know its value and value for collectors, you can on special websites for numismatists on the Internet. There are also catalogs of coins, where in detail by years and face value you can evaluate a rare coin and find out its significance at a given time.