High-tech medical care, otherwords VMP is a complex of diagnostic and therapeutic medical services conducted in stationary conditions with the use of unique and complex medical technologies that have the resource-consuming nature of medical technologies and have a complete clinical significance. Quotas for high-tech medical care are allocated and funded by the federal budget. The list of methods, types and forms of medical care, which are high-tech, is approved every year by the Ministry of Health and Social Development of Russia in accordance with the needs of the VMP for each individual region. In other words, the regions determine the quotas for high-tech medical care on their own, taking into account the needs of residents in the VMP based on the dynamics and structure of the incidence in their region.
The quota for treatment, which is given to the patient,covers all costs for treatment that is carried out in a specialized medical center, including hospitalization in the post-operative period and hospitalization period, as well as the cost of medicines.
Quotas of the Ministry of Health, which are issued for the provision of high-tech medical care are eligible to receive all citizens of the Russian Federation without exception. The main criterion in obtaining care is the medical indications.
At the moment, the accrual of quota for high-tech medical care is provided by three sources of funding.
- Treatment of patients and providing them with medical care infederal specialized medical institutions at the expense of federal quotas. The direction of patients by federal quotas is determined by the Order of the Ministry of Health and Social Development of the Russian Federation. The choice of federal medical facilities depends on many factors, including the availability of the transport scheme and long-term cooperation with various scientific centers. Among these centers are such as the Russian Research Institute of Neurosurgery. Polenova in St. Petersburg, Tyumen Federal Center of Neurosurgery, Moscow Scientific Research Institute of Neurosurgery. Burdenko and many others.
In comparison with previous periods, now the most active federal quotas are issued in such cities as Noyabrsk, Novy Urengoy, Nadym and regional cities, Salekhard.
- Direction of patients to state medical institutions and institutions of other subjects of the Russian Federation in excess of territorial quotas.
- Referral of patients to treatment through regional targeted programs.
How is assistance provided to the VMP?
The basis for making a decision on the allocation ofquotas for high-tech medical care are the conclusions and recommendations of the main expert expert on the need to provide the WFP, which are justified:
1) medical documentation of the patient;
2) the lack of the possibility of providing the necessary assistance to the patient within the framework of the territorial program.
On the day the patient's documentation was sent(results of analyzes, excerpts from the medical history, laboratory, clinical, X-ray studies that relate to the disease, no more than a month ago) for a consultation in the FSOM. The commission fills in the ticket for medical assistance, which is sent along with the documentation to the FSMU. The results of the decision made in the FSMU are sent back to the Commission of the subject of the Russian Federation. In the case of a positive decision to provide the patient with the necessary medical care, the Commission notifies the medical institution that sent the documentation about the date of hospitalization, gives the patient and his accompanying person coupons for obtaining preferential travel documents, fills out and issues with a stamp and signatures a ticket for the VMP. In other words, it issues a quota for high-tech medical care free of charge.