Summer came into its own.Along with the traditional joys - vacations, rest by the river, sea or ocean, light dresses and spectacular accessories - we come across and with a small but annoying problem - perspiration. The process is natural, useful (removes toxins, toxins, normalizes body temperature), but often involves an unpleasant odor. What if there is no deodorant on hand? Or are there those that do not suit you with a level of quality and safety in the care of your own body? The solution is quite simple and proven by the history of mankind - a deodorant produced independently. Prepare it at once for the whole family so that you can try several recipes at the same time, experiment with fragrances and textures and choose the best remedy that eliminates an undesirable problem. Do not confuse deodorants with antiperspirants. The first only remove the unpleasant odor.
Pros and Cons of Deodorants Cooked by Your Own Hands
Natural products produced at home have a number of advantages and only a few possible shortcomings. Consider each separately.
- Absence of fragrances, aluminum, parabens and other chemicals, we do not even know the properties and features of the effect.
- A pleasant aroma, which can be selected independently, using various essential oils.
- Absence of irritation due to use of natural components.
- Quick and comfortable preparation for the whole family.
- Home deodorant should not contain funds for which you may have an allergic reaction (this is easy to control).
- Special storage conditions are necessary, therefore it is impossible to take the tool with you on trips and travel.
- After application, wait until ten minutes for the skin to absorb deodorized substances. So you eliminate the risk of oily stains on clothes.
- After cooking, you need to wait a couple of days (or even weeks in the case of herbal tinctures), so that the product is finally "ripe".
How to make a deodorant yourself, canto understand each person. You just need to set a goal, read the recipe, stock up on the ingredients and devote a little time to it. In summer, you can experiment with different variations of formulations and flavors, choosing the most optimal.
Deodorant by your own hands: recipes
Traditional components in the homedeodorants are soda, oils, starch, clay, beeswax, vitamins in capsules (optional). Bulk components act as thickeners. The composition ends with essential oils, which can be selected depending on personal preferences. Fruit, herbal, wood and citrus fragrances in the composition of home-made deodorant will allow you to experiment and try yourself as a perfumer.
All the ingredients are mixed in differentconsistency and proportions, obtaining compositions for the specific type and needs of the skin. There are classic and individual recipes that you adapt to your taste. The consistency distinguishes between solid, liquid and creamy home-made deodorants. Let's consider some variants on examples.
Recipe for solid deodorant with probiotic
One serving will provide a family of three for 4 months. For cooking you will need:
- half a cup of cocoa butter;
- soda - 3 tbsp. l .;
- 3 tablespoons of potato or cornstarch;
- 2 capsules of powdered probiotic;
- 5-10 drops of essential oil or mixture (eg, lavender, orange, ylang ylang, geranium, lime or lemongrass).
In a small metal container, melt the buttercocoa on a small fire. When the composition becomes uniform, set it aside and add the soda and starch. Wait for about ten minutes. Stir occasionally, until thick. At the end, add the essential oil. When the mixture is completely cooled, open the capsules with the probiotic and dress it.
Hard deodorant make prettyjust. The received weight should be distributed on capacities from calculation for each member of a family and at once after cooling to put in a refrigerator. The composition should be cooled quickly, so that the ingredients do not begin to separate. After this, you can store the product at room temperature.
Recipe for classic softening deodorant
For cooking, you will need:
- 3 tablespoons dried chamomile flowers;
- 5 tablespoons of cocoa butter;
- 2 tablespoons dried marigold flowers;
- 3 tablespoons of sunflower oil (can be replaced with almond, apricot pits or avocado);
- 2 tablespoons corn starch;
- 2 tablespoons of soda;
- essential oils to choose from (neutral are lavender and tea tree).
In a small sterilized glass container, mix the flowers and oils. Shake well. Leave in a dark place for 2-3 weeks, periodically mixing the composition.
After the specified time, drain the oil.You can warm it up slightly in a water bath, in order to separate it from the flowers. In another sterilized glass container, combine the oil with the dry ingredients. Stir well. Add a few drops of essential oils. Put the product in small portions and distribute with your fingertips. Keep home deodorant in the bathroom. Shelf life - 3-4 months. By preparing a liquid deodorant yourself, you will be assured of its quality and safety for the skin and body. Also, the remedy will provide a soft and sufficiently effective care.
Home-made deodorant for sensitive skin
You will need the following components:
- half a cup of cocoa butter;
- 2 tablespoons shea butter;
- 3 tablespoons of beeswax;
- 2 tablespoons corn or potato starch;
- 2 tablespoons of soda (reduce to one if irritation develops on the skin);
- up to 10 drops of essential oil or a mixture of several.
Melt cocoa butter with wax and shea butter insmall capacity on a small fire. Stir constantly. When the mixture becomes homogeneous, add starch and soda. Then enter the essential oils. Stir constantly, because the mixture quickly thickens. Deodorants (with their own hands cooked) based on shea butter and beeswax have a softer and soothing effect on the skin.
Liquid home-made roller deodorant
And here there is nothing super complicated. Stock up with the following set of products:
- ¼ cup magnesium hydroxide;
- 1/8 cup corn or potato starch;
- ¼ cup of soda;
- 1/8 cup of aloe vera extract;
- ¼ cup witch hazel (to reduce sweating);
- 1/8 cup of filtered water (you can without it to get a creamy texture);
- about 10 drops of essential oils;
- a pair of containers from roller deodorants.
Place all the ingredients in a small container andmix well until smooth. Pour the product into bottles. A natural deodorant, prepared by hand, with a liquid texture, is more conveniently applied, and the aloe vera contained soothes and disinfects the skin.
Properties of ingredients in home-made deodorant formulations
1. Shea butter softens the skin due to the content of vitamin E. The component is quickly absorbed, so it is indispensable in cases where after applying the deodorant you need to quickly dress.
2. Cocoa butter contains vitamin E and minerals such as manganese, calcium, iron and zinc. It provides a sliding effect when applied, and also nourishes the skin.
3. Kaolin, as well as bentonite clay help neutralize the smell. They are softer in effect than soda, and are ideal for those who cause irritation.
4. Bee wax provides barrier protection, while allowing the skin to breathe. It is the basis for giving the composition the desired shape.
5.Essential oils are not suitable for sensitive skin. As for everything else, they perfectly soften, smell and disinfect the application area. Deodorants, cooked by hand, can act as a pleasant souvenir to relatives and friends. The main thing is not to overdo it with oils: their content should not exceed 10-20 drops per 2 servings.
How to Opt for a Home Deodorant
If you use this tool for the first time,it may seem ineffective. However, the systemic application or alternation of the home prescription with the purchased formula will give the first results after a month of application. According to the reviews of those who practiced such a transition, after a couple of weeks the smell of sweat becomes less saturated, and the whole process of sweating normalizes for the better. It is clear that you can not refuse production antiperspirants, going to an official event, and in other extreme conditions they can as needed, but as an option for everyday use, deodorants made by your own hands will be invaluable to you.
Reviews of home deodorants
As in any situation, the phrase:"How many people - so many opinions" falls precisely on the target. You will only have to make your own. One thing is certain: it is not so difficult to make a deodorant yourself. Reviews about this product are divided into positive, negative and neutral. Having studied them, we can conclude that the means of home production have both pluses and minuses. To decide on what to use - purchased or self-made deodorants, you need to compare the effects of both. Prepare the composition and test it. Fans of natural home cosmetics will benefit from several recipes. Familiarize yourself with the peculiarities of the effects of components, adapt the composition to yourself.
Self made deodorants, goodhave proven themselves for everyday use in non-extreme situations. The harmful effects on the body of the components of the purchased product forces many to try safer self-care options. Prepare your first homemade deodorant for a sample, test it for a couple of weeks, and you can decide on your next priorities.