Слова «врач» и «гуманист» не являются синонимами, but are inextricably linked. Medical professions oblige to be humanists, to love people and help them in any, even the most unfavorable conditions. For people who have health problems, the profession of a doctor is uniquely related to the provision of help, support and understanding.
A little about the profession
The profession "medical worker" requiresits owner of a certain courage and dedication. This is due to the fact that people in medical professionals have confidence in them as specialists who know their business well.
That is why choosing medical professions asthe work of a lifetime, a person is obliged to learn even after graduation, because diseases are constantly changing, as is their treatment. Among medical educational institutions there are secondary special, institutes and academies.
List of medical specialties
The list of medical professions includes such specialties as:
- The obstetrician is a specialist in the field of gynecology on issues of pregnancy and childbirth, takes delivery.
- An anesthesiologist is a specialty associated with the study and use of painkillers for severe pain and shock.
- Venereologist - a specialist in infectious diseases of the genitourinary system in men and women.
- Gynecologist - a specialist in diseases of the reproductive system in women.
- A dermatologist studies and treats diseases of the human skin and mucous membranes.
- A nutritionist is a specialist who helps solve problems with many diseases by changing the composition and diet.
- The cardiologist stands on the protection of the human cardiovascular system, is engaged in the prevention and treatment of diseases associated with it.
- Speech therapist helps solve problems with speech disorders.
- The nurse is responsible for the fulfillment by the patient of the instructions of the doctor during the inpatient treatment.
- A neuropathologist is a specialist who studies and treats diseases of the central and peripheral nervous system.
- A nephrologist studies and treats kidney disease.
- An ophthalmologist is an eye disease specialist.
- An oncologist is engaged in the study, prevention and treatment of tumors in the human body.
- The otorhinolaryngologist is engaged in the treatment and prevention of diseases of the ear, nose and throat.
- A pediatrician examines and treats children's diseases.
- Prozektor (pathologist) makes "posthumous" diagnosis.
- Proctologist studies and treats diseases of the colon and anus.
- The psychiatrist studies the causes of mental disorders of a person and deals with their therapy.
- Resuscitator helps people to restore the vital activity of the body during serious illness, injury or in the postoperative period.
- Dentist - a specialist in the prevention and treatment of oral diseases.
- The therapist is a physician involved in the prevention and diagnosis of diseases of internal organs, the main systems of vital activity of the body.
- Traumatologist studies and treats the effects of injuries.
- A urologist is a specialist who studies, carries out prevention and treatment, often surgically, of the genitourinary system, diseases of the adrenal glands and the reproductive system in men.
- A surgeon is a doctor who treats diseases and injuries surgically.
- An endocrinologist is a doctor who studies and treats the endocrine glands.
Listed medical professions (listfar from complete) - these are the main profiles in this specialty. In each of them there are narrower specialists responsible for the treatment of specific parts of the human body.
Secondary specialized medical education makes it possible to train specialists from the category of medical staff. The nurse profession falls into this category.
A nurse (nurse) is an assistant orAssistant doctor in a medical institution. The main task of the mid-level medical staff is to carry out the treatment prescribed by the doctor to the patient and to take care of sick people.
Profession nurse is in categorynursing staff and has several narrower areas. Although many specialties are included in the concept of "medical professions", the list of mid-level specialists is headed by the position of head nurse.
Head and Head Nurse
At the head of the serving medical staff isthe principal nurse is a specialist with a higher medical education (faculty of nursing). The duties of the head nurse include the organization and control of the work of the middle and junior medical staff, as well as the improvement of their professionalism.
The concept of workflow organization includes scheduling the work of lower level medical staff and monitoring its implementation. Her duties also include:
- To control the receipt, storage, distribution and accounting of the dressing material and medical preparations, including those containing poisonous or narcotic substances.
- To control the fulfillment of duties by middle and junior personnel, as well as to engage in the improvement of their qualifications and professional level.
- Monitor the quality of disinfection of medical institutions, timely change of bed linen and monitor the transportation of patients inside the hospital.
The head nurse is an assistant to the head of the department. Her responsibilities include monitoring the work of the ward sisters and junior medical staff.
Paramedic and junior health workers
The category "medical professions with secondary special education" includes:
- Charge nurse. Monitors the health of the patient and the implementation of the recommendations and prescriptions of the doctor. She also takes care of the sick and organizes their meals.
- Procedural nurse. He carries out the treatment prescribed by the doctor, draws blood from a vein, puts on droppers, assists the doctor, draws up lists of necessary medications.
- Operating sister This is a doctor's assistant when performing surgical operations. Her responsibilities include the preparation of an operating and surgical instrument and related materials for surgery.
- District nurse. He is an assistant district doctor while receiving patients in the clinic.
- Nurse polyclinic. She works with the doctors of this medical institution on the reception of patients.
- Diet nurse monitors the organization and quality of clinical nutrition, appointed by a nutritionist.
Nurses organize the work of junior medical staff: nurses, junior nurses and hostess nurses.
Working peoplerelated to the risk or hazardous production, work with children and many other types of work are required to undergo a medical examination. It can be held once a year or in two years.
There is a list that indicates who shouldundergo a medical examination. The professions that are included in it are categories of specialties related to hazardous production or occupational hazards, for example, high-altitude jobs, harmful substances, noise, dust, and others.
Employees of the food industry, teachers and employees of pre-school educational institutions, drivers, seamen, medical staff and representatives of other professions also undergo a mandatory medical examination.
Choice of profession
Medical professions are in demand in modernTherefore, every year, secondary specialized and higher medical institutions produce new specialists. This is primarily due to the fact that unhealthy ecology, constant stress, unhealthy food each year increase the number of people with pathologies or chronic diseases.