All those who are engaged in construction, alwaysare interested in various novelties in this field. As you know, no construction can do without reinforcing structures, because they make the structure stronger and more reliable. We suggest that you familiarize yourself with some of the additions. It is considered the best and the name for it is fiber for concrete.
Not everyone knows what fiber is.Let's first consider some technical characteristics. It is a material that is used as a reinforcing agent. It helps to improve the properties of concrete qualitatively. Fibre can be added to various building mixtures and solutions. Without concrete it is difficult to imagine at least one building. Everyone knows that this building material differs from others in its strength, durability and increased performance characteristics. And if you add a fiber to it, you end up with a material that has the following qualities:
- high frost resistance;
- increased water resistance;
- good strength;
- extensibility, which is important for construction work;
- well tolerates deformation;
- easy to use.
Where do they use it?
When you have an idea of what a concrete fiber is, you should talk about where it is used.
- Warming and plastering;
- installation of screed in any kind of premises;
- when repairing roads and similar coatings;
- erecting the frame of the building and raising the foundation;
- use in the manufacture of road curbs and decorative stones;
- in many architectural structures, for example, in fountains or fences.
Fiber has a wide range of applications.It is not able to change the appearance of concrete, but it will completely rebuild its technical characteristics. It can be used both in finishing and decorative works.
We learned the basic characteristics that the fiber for concrete possesses. The cost of the material will be discussed later, but for now, let's move on to the next important issue.
There are several types of fiber, which are divided into groups according to the materials for their manufacture:
- Glass fiber for concrete.This kind of material is used for finishing walls, floors and working with plaster. Strictly forbidden to use for construction work. Glass fiber is considered to be the most fragile and can not withstand heavy loads. If it is necessary to reproduce the foam blocks, then chopped fiber for concrete is used. Consumption per m3 is 900 grams.
- Basalt fiber.When mixed with concrete, the material is completely cleaved. Does not emit any odors and is considered absolutely safe. Used in the production of high-temperature concrete products.
- Polypropylene fiber. The fiber is completely synthetic. It makes concrete more durable and reliable. Used when building the foundation of a building and floor screed.
- Anchor material. The fiber is made from wire. It is often used for concrete, which is located on the folds.
We examined the main groups of materials that are used as a solid and connecting link. But this version does not end there. The rest of the species we will study in more detail.
Sturdy as steel
Consider the most popular fiber forconstruction. Steel fiber for concrete is particularly strong. The finished construction turns out to be reliable and safe. Such fiber is widely used in construction. Concrete with such an additive does not crumble and does not lose its characteristics. If you want to get strong structures, then the fiber for concrete should be used. The consumption per m3 is from 20 to 50 kg of fiber. It is also worth noting that all modern road surfaces are made with the use of steel fiber. Among other things, it is used in the following directions:
- manufacturing of well rings;
- the construction of tunnels and bridges;
- production of curbstone, sidewalks and various sinks;
- the ideal plasticizer.
It is worthwhile to study another representative. Metal fiber for concrete is made of the following materials:
- steel sheets;
- stainless steel wire;
- heat-resistant steel.
Such a material withstands high loads directed at stretching and bending. Concrete with the addition of such a fiber has the following properties:
- high resistance to static and dynamic loads;
- does not crack;
- extended service life;
- increased strength.
Fibers are laid during the preparation of concretesolution, which is mixed in the mixer. You can add fiber directly to the construction site. To do this, it should be stirred for 30 minutes in a mixer.
As you can see, the fiber for concrete is an indispensable additive. In addition to all its main advantages, it has the following interesting qualities:
- concrete increases resistance to severe frost;
- increases the fire resistance of the entire structure;
- concrete has additional fire safety;
- Long lasts the moisture inside the entire structure;
- Concrete is capable of withstanding a small explosion and does not break into pieces.
Now you know what fiber is and forwhat it is used for. We have identified all the existing varieties and ways of using it. Modern construction does not appear without additional additives. After all, even the roadway is made with fibreboard. Remember that our safety is hidden in high-quality designs.