Vertical landscaping people are engaged inTo decorate a plot in the garden or a room in an apartment, office, private house. Sometimes this way of registration is necessary to hide the shortcomings in the interior or divide the site into zones. What plants, constructions are used for this purpose, read in the article.
Where is it applied?
Vertical landscaping is used not only in landscape design. Ways of its application are different:
- The buildings are being decorated.Such landscaping is popular in England. People here transform their dwellings into lianas. Usually they cover one wall of the building. According to experienced gardeners, the advantages of this method is the possibility of updating the design, as well as hiding the small flaws in buildings, such as curvature of walls.
- A favorable microclimate is created insidepremises at any time of the year. Beautifully look and create a special atmosphere gazebos in the garden and arches, twined vines and other plants from the view of curly flowers. Those who have already been engaged in gardening, it is recommended to decorate your site in this way, as this creates a shadow, reduces the level of noise irritation.
- Vertical landscaping in the country is used for zoning the plots. For example, you need to fence off the arbor to rest from the buildings of different purposes that are available on the territory.
To perform vertical gardening with yourhands are ideal for those representatives of the flora, for which the soil composition does not matter, they do not feel the need for regular watering. With success are used lianas of all kinds, moss. But it all depends on the planting site on the site. If this is the northern side, the use of a cotoneaster, girlish grapes, Japanese quince is considered the best option. On the southern side, very different plants should be planted: magnolia, clematis, honeysuckle, Chinese magnolia vine. On a site with a western direction - wisteria, rope, eastern - capuchin, hydrangea. Plants for vertical landscaping use annual and perennial.
Plants with a one-year life cycle
These include those who, after flowering, perish. Next year it is necessary to plant them again.
- Peas fragrant - in a delicate plant flowers are gathered in fragrant clusters of different shades. Blooms long, from the beginning of spring to frost. The seeds are self-seeded and perfectly mature for next year.
- Ipomea is a curling annual plant.Thanks to the core leaves, you can create screens. These designs will be light and elegant. The flowers in the form of gramophones look spectacular. Flowers are samovysyvayutsya.
- Beans - the plant has several varieties, but they all differ in climbing stems up to three meters in length.
Plants are perennial
They do not require an annual planting, they grow long in one place, without losing their decorative qualities. Some representatives of this group of plants are presented below:
- Actinidia is a plant for amazing propertieschange the color of the leaves called "chameleon." During the blossoming they are bronze, a little later - green, after flowering - with pink spots, then they turn crimson.
- Maiden grapes are an amazingly beautiful plant. In the autumn, its leaves become crimson-blackberry. It differs "creep", it can cling to any surface.
- The round pliers are a liana, its powerfulthe stems reach a height of 10 meters. It grows quickly, large leaves become yellow in autumn. Decorative fruits have an orange tint. It looks very impressive.
Moss in the gardening
Use of this representative of the flora isA new direction in landscape design. In appearance, moss does not belong to catchy plants, it is rather inconspicuous. But, according to people who appreciate beauty, in the skillful hands of a master, he can turn into a surprisingly beautiful decoration of the house.
Its benefits include:
- Environmental friendliness and hypoallergenic.
- Lack of susceptibility to diseases.
- Does not need watering, cutting, lighting.
- A long lifespan of about five years.
Vertical moss gardening is used fordecorating the walls of houses and their roofs. Experts recommend using it even indoors, and in two versions: with one type of ornamental plants or several.
The benefits of vines
If works on vertical gardening of a site in a garden or at a dacha will be carried out independently, without the help of a designer, liana will be the best plants for this. Their advantages are as follows:
- A huge variety that allows you to choose the shape of flowers, leaves, their colors and even fragrance: lobie, melotirii, climbing roses and others.
- Plants grow quickly, so they can be grown to create different shapes.
- Planting vines is simple, and care - unpretentious.
Creepers are able to twist any support, for this theycling to them with their adaptations: shoots, stems, elongated leaf stalks, roots, and whiskers. An important advantage is the landscaping with the use of minimal areas, which is especially important for the conditions of the city. When choosing these plants for a small area, gardeners recommend using one type of liana. If there are more of them, they will simply close each other and develop poorly.
The use of climbing plants has a number of drawbacks that should be considered when creating a design for vertical gardening. These include:
- Walls with plants on them can dampen if they are located in a northerly direction in relation to parts of the world. There will be mold, with which you need to fight.
- Plants during the flowering period, many people cause allergies. Neighbors need to be considered.
- Lianas calmly reach the roof of the house, as a result of which the water gutters become clogged.
Varieties of vines
There is a large variety of these plants that are suitable for landscaping plots in the garden or in the country. But experienced gardeners recommend growing the following climbing species for this:
- Ipomoea is an annual culture that hasseveral varieties. The most common use of the purple variety. Her shoots grow up to eight meters. The leaves are very decorative, but small, appear in May. A month later, the stems covered flowers exquisite funnel-shaped. Another species is the red and blue ipomoea. Its stems are even longer - 10 m. The main feature is that during the rain the flowers do not close.
- Kobeya is a plant originally from Mexico.They love to grow Russian gardeners for the incredible beauty of flowers with a diameter of eight centimeters. The only thing that is not very convenient, is grown with seedlings. First you need to germinate the seeds, grow young plants in a pot, and in the first month of summer to plant in a permanent place.
- Мина, или квамоклит лопастной – лианы не очень long, only three meters. But the inflorescences are large, 20 cm. They have an amazing shape: in the form of spikes in two rows. Gardeners recommend growing the plant in your garden for its landscaping, since you can get great pleasure from the process itself. For breeding culture used seedling method.
So called plants, the place of growthwhich are dry regions, they are accustomed to a constant lack of water. Moisture for life is stored in the leaves, stems. Protected against evaporation with a wax coating. Such plants are the most popular in landscaping, as they incredibly adapt very quickly to any growing environment and climatic changes.
- Sedum, or stonecrop - characterized by a diverse form of leaves and shoots. In landscaping, it is used as an ampelous and ground cover plant.
- Tradescantia — thanks to the ideal shape of the shoots, is suspended in pots; the stems, which have been set on a support, are twisted around it. It looks very beautiful.
- Krestoviki - represent semi-shrubssmall, long shoots hanging down. It is grown as an ampelous and ground cover plant. The leaves have a different shape: spherical, oblong-linear.
Designs for vertical gardening
Decorating your garden in this way is easy. After selecting plants, you should think about creating supports, without which they will not grow. The following designs exist:
- Grid made of wood laths for decorationwalls of buildings. You can buy it in the store or make it yourself. Any man will cope with this work, even without experience in this matter. The supports are fastened to the wall along with stops to allow air circulation between the grille and the wall. Then small containers are made into which the plants will be planted. The side of contact with the wall of the building is insulated with a film so that the moisture does not spread and does not cause mold of the building. Containers should be 20-40 cm wide. Their depth depends on the size of the root system of plants.
- Wire or cord stretched horizontally.To do this, nails are hammered into the wall at a distance of 25-30 cm from one another, these will be supports. Wire is pulled between them. This design can be installed on the site. To do this, at the desired distance, two pillars are knocked down and the wire is stretched in several levels. Such an improvised wall can divide the site into separate zones.
- Plastic bottles - this idea is very practical, because you do not need to buy anything. Bottles should be mounted on the lattice of wood in several rows. Then fill with soil and plant the plants.
- Pergola - is a decorative lattice made of plastic, metal or wood. It looks beautiful against the background of green plants and is combined with other designs, such as arches.
- Hedge - they consider it a classicdecor element. This is a common fence, decorated with ornamental plants, such as beans, wild grapes, ipomoea. The hedge can be trellises or screens that are light and beautiful designs. They perfectly let the sun rays, strong enough to withstand climbing plants. A screen installed in the garden is an element of decor with which you can divide the area into zones.
- Vertical flower beds - are considered a novelty indesign. They are attractive because of their singularity, as well as the fact that they occupy a bit of free space in the garden. To create them use containers for the garden, located at different levels in height. From plants fit ferns, amphelia, greens, herbs, vegetables.
- Suspended containers, vases, boxes -The use of such structures is called container gardening. The containers are arranged vertically against the walls, they adorn buildings of any purpose, located on the site. Flowerpots are used to decorate the terraces, patios. According to reviews of gardeners, more suitable plants ampelnyh species: pelargonium, petunias, begonias.
Vertical gardening in the apartment
Любая квартира располагает различными предметами and elements. Vertical gardening can become a central part of it or destroy the overall composition. Therefore, to approach the decoration of their homes need to be responsible. Gardening can be created in different ways:
- The easiest option is to use wood.or chrome racks up to the ceiling height. They have containers with plants. If the walls have no space, use the floor stand, which in the composition often becomes the center.
- Phytomodule for vertical gardening - this design is a box suspended in rows. They have sloped pots with plants planted in them.
- Pots hanging from the ceiling or walls. For growth in them are suitable climbing plants. Instead of pots on wooden panels, you can drive in nails and place cups or teapots with flowers on them.
- Succulent plants -For this they use small pots, which are placed in boxes of small height. Between them, the free space is filled with decoration material: moss, straw, sacking. This way they "draw" pictures. For this, the contour of the printed pattern is filled with succulents.
- Drawing moss - for this in a blender hemixed with water and moisture retaining gel. This mixture is applied with a brush to the surface of concrete or wood. The care is simple - spray the drawing once every seven days.